Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Old Friends

Seeing your face makes me feel inside
Something I thought long ago had died
Breaking the silence, I'll be first to speak
Wonderin if your words will be a slap to the cheek
So many things I want you to know and hear
Am I making a mistake? Are there gonna be tears?
My hands are shaking, I'm taking a breath
Between you and me, is there still something left?
This shouldn't matter, we are just old friends
That had a love once that came to an end
I'm not going back, I'm convincing myself
I took all our memories, placed them on the shelf
This is just us, catching up and laughing about old times
But why does your face make me feel inside?

1 Comments:

Blogger cochrans guitars said...

Nice!! I live in Martinsville, Illinois too. Stop by the Guitar shop someday. Nice wiriting!! Van Cochran

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home