Thursday, March 23, 2006

Your Secret and Mine

I heard your secret today. I'm not going to lie. It came at a bad time. I was standing in the middle of a bunch of people and I couldn't breathe. My heart pounded anger into my ears. I wish you could have seen me though, trying to make it through lunch without exploding. Later I went back to my room, angry as hell. I went through everything again, ripping up the last of our things. As I was tearing up the white rose(remember the one you bought me for Valentines Day?), I started to laugh. I laughed so hard tears came to my eyes. These are some of the thoughts that went through my mind. I thought u might like to know. Are you going to hold her close, dancing late into the night? Are you going to replace me with her? Are you going to wipe away her fears when shes scared? Is it going to make you complete? Have you finally found what you want? But wait...What are you going to tell her when your mind is far away? When your missing me? When you realize that I'm gone forever? When the mistake is made? Do you miss my laugh, our talks, my voice? I'm smiling, can you see me? Make sure that you have fun, dance that night away, kiss her goodnight, the whole damn thing. But...When you wake up early one morning and can't sleep. You'll reach for the phone and start to dial my number. I want you to know, I won't be there. Someone else will be holding me at night...isn't he lucky? haha, can you hear me laughing? It's my fault is it? Yeah, your probably right, it is. Sometimes I love to take the blame. You may not hear my secret today, or the next. But you will and it will be the sound of my voice telling you I'm with someone else and I'll be smiling. Don't you love secrets?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kite Girl said...

you rock, i wish i could write like this, but i'll never be that good. i also love your poems or songs, or whatever. they're awesome

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home