Monday, March 13, 2006

One Last Goodbye

You were the constant in me
But your gone for the first time in so long
I'm wishing I could drown myself
In every word, or lyric, in every song

I used to think I knew you
I knew how beautiful my future could be
Until this mysterious void
Crawled in between you and me

I won't ask for any more answers
Love never came with intructions, I've found
I made it to the top of the world
And fell all the way back down

The things we've seen are undescribable
I wish I could wipe my memory blank, start over again
I want to make this easy, not that it will ever be
Please walk away, remember once we were friends

Take your guitar, your smile, your face
Cross the road and don't look back anymore
I won't be here, my happiness is somewhere else
Never again will I be found waiting at your door

We've said goodbye so many times, but this is the one
To a beautiful thing, that could never last
I'll wipe my eyes and leave you only in my past
And to that I'll smile and lift my glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home