Thursday, November 17, 2005

In My Dreams

Last night I drempt of you. It was a beautiful dream. I woke up with a smile and thought of it again and again. I wanted to remember it just the way it was. It was Emily's birthday and we were having a party in the Elementary school gym. We were all dressed up in tuxes and fancy dresses. We didn't know half the people there but I didn't care because you were my date. You looked so grown up in your tux. For a second, you looked so mature and serious but then I blinked and you cracked a smile. It was the same goofy smile that used to make my heart turn over in my chest. I looked down at my white, silk gloves and blushed.
Emily, you, and I sat at one of the small round tables that filled the gym. We ate off of crystal plates and drank from wine glasses. We toasted to Emily's birthday and everything seemed to shine, ecspecially your eyes when you looked at me. There was music playing but no one was dancing. You stood up from your chair and pulled on my hand. I shook my head. You looked in my eyes and I had never saw you look at me that way. Your eyes traveled all the way to my soul and before I knew it we were on the dance floor. Just you and me. You twirled me around and dipped me. You wispered in my ear and my laughter joined with the music. Then there was that moment, the one where time stops. The moment where nothing else in the world could possibly matter. My face was ever so close to yours, the breath in my chest almost non-existant. I felt everything I'd ever felt for you right then. I think if I would have died in that moment I would have no regrets. You touched my face with tenderness that I ever thought could come from you. My eyes locked with yours and we seemed to somehow draw near without moving. You kissed me. My head spun, my heart turned over, and I seemed to have left my body completely. Then, I woke up.
I sat up in bed. The dream still fuzzy in my head. My heart still racing. I smiled to myself. I knew that nothing but a dream could ever turn out that amazing. If you would even give me the time of day, I think I would die. I laughed. I was glad though. If there was no you, no boy that had got away, then maybe I wouldn't have dreams so incredible. I knew that I would never tell you but thats what makes us special. The fact that you are really just my fantasy boy and I am just living in a beautifully created dream. So tonight, when I lay my head down and start to doze off to sleep, I'll wonder where will you take me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home